Happy Monday Everyone!
During my week off I did lots of making and baking, probably best that I'm back to work tomorrow, the problem with baking is the eating it all afterwards! I caught the last 5 minutes of a cookery programme the other day, they were making a lemon drizzle cake and I've been wanting to make one for ages. They called it 'Men only lemon drizzle cake' because it own first prize in the men only category at a fair. The recipe is easy to follow but it requires 3 eggs, I had to wait 3 days before I could make it, one chicken is laying, one is laying but the the eggs keep breaking and the other one isn't laying at all. Eggs check, ready to bake.
To make the cake you'll need...
175g softened unsalted butter
175g caster sugar
175g White self raise flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
100g of granulated sugar
2.Mix together the butter, flour, caster sugar and baking powder
3.Add the 3 eggs
4. Zest the lemons and add to the batter (Keep the lemons!)
5. Put the mix in the tin and into the oven for 40-45 minutes
6. Mix the granulated sugar with the juice of the 2 lemons
7. Poke holes in the cake and pour over the sugar/lemon mix
8. put the cake on a plate and serve with a drop of tay : )
Have a great week everyone!! xx