Friday 3 August 2012

Friday Flowers and a Happy Belated Birthday Blog!

Hello! I've been in Scotland all week with work and I've missed my blog's 1st birthday! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BLOG!!!
It all began on a typical Sunday, the 31st of July, one year ago... I'd been reading blogs for a while and thought I'd like to write one and share all the things I love about life and so Hey! Home Wrecker was born. I have to say that in the last year I have been  more inspired and more creative than ever, I think having my blog and reading other peoples gives me great motivation! Having my blog has also help me relax, it's my chill out time, sitting down to write or read and catch up with all the blogs I follow. Which brings me to my blog buddies, all the lovely people who read, follow and leave comments, you make my day and I want to Thankyou for your kind words and making me laugh. So here's to the next year of blogging! HIP HIP HOORAY!!
My First blog was about our rainbow stairs
 We've had the stairs like that for 3 years so it was time for a makeover!
 Stairs stripped.... I'd bought a flowery rug from Urban Outfitters a while ago and thought it would make a great runner for a staircase revamp, Friday flowers this week comes in rug form, rugs ordered, paint chosen, ready to go.


 A couple of layers of purple later, ready for the fun part...stapling on the rugs....
My real life welcoming cat! Mary who suffers from a dickie tummy decides to barf right on top of the new stairs, typical!! Please aim for the wooden part in future Mary!!

I'm heading over to Lakota at Faith Hope And Charity Shopping for Ta-Dah Tuesday, pop over to see all the finished projects from this week!

I'm off to get myself organised for the vintage fair tomorrow, still need to organise a float, a table cloth and most importantly a table!
 Have a FABULOUS Friday everyone! xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Hey Homewrecker! Happy Birthday!! Love the stairs makeover. I'm due to get a stairs for the first time in my new extension and i'm loving your colourful versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. click here to know your way to happiness...

    how to be happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love both the before and the after. I think I may *just* prefer the after. It looks great. I'm so jealous - I can't wait until we have our own home to decorate.

    Congratulations on your Blog Birthday!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Linda,
    Wow! I like both versions of your stairs! Very bohemian gypsyish look... And a very Happy Birthday to your blog, it's awesome and so are you! 8-) Thanks for sharing bits of your life...so interesting. Scotland? That's just great! Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogiversaire! I missed mine too. I like the new stairs but really loved the rainbow ones - both are better than mine, given that Boy2 was sick on the bottom three a few weeks ago. I think we need new carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the blog birthday messages!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stairs look beautiful- both before and after the makeover! The rose runner is stunning :)
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments : )