It's another drizzly day here in Northern Ireland, I don't mind though...I have a new rain mac, in pink and purple leopard print, that rolls up and fits into one of it's pockets! I'm sorted, it can go in my handbag, ready for use at the first rumblings of a downpour. It claims to be "shower resistant" emmm? Not waterproof then? doh!! We'll see....
On days like this maybe it's just better not to leave the house....Instead....The perfect day to make cookies! These cookies are YUM (I hit the keys harder when typing that to show how YUM they are) If making these doesn't make you cheerful then eating them surely will.
COOKIES!!! Nom Nom Nom Nom
You will need
125g (4 1/2 oz) butter softened
225g (8 oz) soft brown sugar
1 egg (Thanks Beryl!) lightly beaten
225g (8 oz) plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of baking powder
pinch of salt
200g (7 oz) choc chunks (M&Ms would be good too)
Preheat oven 180 oc, line a baking tray with parchment paper.......
2. Add the beaten egg and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
4. Stir the flour mix into the butter mix.
5. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
6. Make little balls or heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking tray, leave space between them!
8. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer to onto a wire rack (or straight into your mouth! Well quality control is essential when baking!)
Hope you're all having a cheerful weekend xx