Thursday 8 May 2014

Belfast Welcomes the Giro D'Italia

Hello!
This weekend sees the Giro D'Italia sweep through Northern Ireland. The race starts in Belfast and to welcome everyone taking part the city has gone pink crazy!
These have bloomed! Perfect timing!

Oxfam vintage on Botanic Avenue
A friendly Italian who didn't mind me snapping his jacket


Pink bikes are everywhere, these ones outside Filthy Mc Nasty's pub on the Dublin Road
Our pink buses, always pink not just for the Giro



The famous red benches at The Duke of York pub are now a pretty pink


Bumping into a pretty pink haired girl! Very Jem!

North Street graffiti


I called in to see my sisters where they work and to have my costume fitted for Saturdays performance, I'm Prince Charming in the Lisburn Lord Major's parade! They already had a Cinderella, raging!! Rummaging through the rails of the costume department I spied this fab vintage pink dress, teamed it with the perfect pink curly wig and Tah Dah I am Gina D'Italia! 
Have a great weekend everyone!xxx

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of the event but I'm loving all that pink, especially your crazy afro wig! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all these fabulous photos as I would not have had the chance to enjoy this otherwise. I love all that pink and the fun decorations. You do look adorable in that costume with the wig. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic - PINK - photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments : )