Thursday 6 March 2014

We got ourselves a reader

What you reading for Linda?
Seeing it's World Book Day I thought I'd share what I'm reading at the minute. Lovely Deborah from Life begins at 30 gave me this book to read, We are all made of glue by Marina Lewycka.
"Georgie Sinclair's life is coming unstuck. Her husband's left her. Her son's obsessed with the End of the World. And now her elderly neighbour Mrs Shapiro has decided they are related.
Or so the hospital informs her when Mrs Shapiro has an accident and names Georgie next of kin. This, however, is not a case of a quick ward visit: Mrs Shapiro has a large rickety house full of stinky cats that needs looking after and that a pair of estate agents seem intent on swindling from her. Plus there are the 'Uselesses' trying to repair it (uselessly). Then there's the social worker who wants to put her in a nursing home. Not to mention some letters that point to a mysterious, painful past.
As Georgie tries her best to put Mrs Shapiro's life back together, somehow she must stop her own from falling apart".

So far so good, I'm enjoying taking the taking the time to read. Hopefully I'll actually finish this one, the pile of half read books on the beside table is mounting up....

Check out my ridiculously awesome new cat leggings!

My own stinky cat (he stinks but he's the best!)
What are you reading? Can you recommend any good (light hearted) books?

Hope you're all having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I'd recommend "love, Nina", by Nina stibbe. It's about a young women who goes to work for a London literary type. Alan Bennett keeps popping in, to mend the washing machine, say witty aphorisms etc. It's not Tolstoy, but I liked it, I thought it was warm hearted and funny. I literally laughed till I cried on several occasions. Hope you enjoy! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments : )