Monday 6 May 2013

Lamp Revamp

Hello!
A little lampshade makeover from a crafty afternoon yesterday. Nothing like a spot of crafting to while away a lazy Sunday afternoon, with the dulcet tones of Paul O'Grady for company. While working on a picture for a friend, the mind began to wander to other crafty projects. Then came the light bulb moment! My craft room lamp shade, in need of a little retro make over.
For Rodney and Kirsten

 Before, just a plain lamp shade I bought from Ikea a few years ago


I cut the flowers out from my retro fabric and chopped some trim from a throw from Flo's collection

I tried the flowers on the lamp shade before sticking to make sure I liked their position, then glued then on with fabric glue



I measured the rim chopped off some trim then glued it to the shade

Tah Dah!



































I'm having a little GIVE AWAY over on my Facebook page, if you'd like to take part : )

Have a marvelous Monday everyone! xx


2 comments:

  1. Love the scrabble tiles and pretty floral.
    And how cute is the lampshade after its makeover.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-I'm in awe of creativity :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments : )