Saturday 14 June 2014

Martha's Vintage Summer Collection

Hello!
It's been a while since I made any dresses for my friend's little girl Martha. When Kat couldn't find anything in the shops that she liked she asked if I could make some dresses from my vintage fabric hoard that Martha could wear on her holidays. I had a rummage and found five fabrics that I couldn't wait to sew up, I adjusted my pattern by drawing out a larger version. My first attempt at putting in a zip didn't go so well, it's been too long but by dress number five I'd got the knack. Two duvet covers, two tablecloths and a bedspread have become Martha's vintage summer collection! Every spare minute this week has been spent sewing, I can't wait to see Miss Martha wearing her new summer gear!







My favourite has to be the yellow one, the fabric came from a bedspread, I've used it here for a giant lampshade makeover and here for a cushion, I LOVE the colours and pattern of this fabric.
I just discovered another local blogger Grace from Sew and So Forth, check out her blog here
Next on the sewing agenda are some new cushions for Bob's house. Bob has been in hospital for a week after an accident, she spilt a teapot full of water over her legs. Poor Bob! I can't wait until she is better.

Hope you're all having a great week?
Any sewing projects on he go? xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I love those dresses, I would wear them myself (if I could get them on!) What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments : )