Sunday 16 June 2013

I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like.....

Hello!
Gumtree came up trumps a couple of weeks ago, I've been on the look out for bike and a house just around the corner from ours was selling a 1980's sprick bicycle. I took it for a test drive up the street and it was meant to be, my feet could just touch the ground. Although the gears were tricky and the brakes not up to scratch I took a punt and cycled it home for less than the asking price so I was chuffed. My bike (in the words od Syd Barrett) "It's got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good"..... It's spent the last twenty odd years in a shed so I took it to a bike shop and they worked some magic on it, 3 working gears, fixed brakes and a new tyre, now it rides like a dream! My only gripe the plastic seat, which nearly broke my bum!
I've love to give my bike a new look, check out this vintage bike makeover and Kayla's amazing bike makeover Inspired!!
I'm looking forward to summer of cycles and picnics! 


6 comments:

  1. I love this! I have definite bike envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep a wee eye out on Gumtree Bethany, there's always cool bargains to be had

      Delete
  2. Wow! I have never used gumtree but think I might be heading over there. I would really like a bike but not quite sure whether I could handle it as it has been a few years! lol

    That makeover bike is amazing, but I loved the original green it was. Does it inspire you to add or change your new snazzy bike?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I loved the original bike colour too, I'd like a yellow bike but I'm not prepaired for all the work it might involve! You n ever forget how to ride a bike, you should get one! saying that, we took them out last weekend and I got so excited aboutseeing five bunnies in a row I fell off!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower, love you cute blog!

    www.vintagerequiem.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura Lee, Thank you! I'll check out your page x

      Delete

Thanks for all your comments : )