Saturday 1 December 2012

The Collector

Hello!
Can't believe it's December 1st! Not many weekends before Christmas left I thought it would be a good idea to brave the Belfast high street today and get some pressies, maddness! I had to rush back to the car before the parking meter ran out! and after having looked through my purchases I've ended up with well not much really, though I do feel a little more Christmassy after that quick jaunt in town, the hussle and bussle, everyone half frozen walking around like zombies on speed, yes, I think I'll take my friends advice and start shopping online.
Back home now in the safety of the living room, and snuggled up on the sofa reading my book The Collector by John Fowles. The main character Frederick collects butterflies and takes photographs of them. I'm sucked into this book here's the blurb 'Withdrawn, uneducated and unloved, Frederick collects butterflies and takes photographs. A chance pools win enables him to capture the art student Miranda and keep her in the cellar of the Sussex house he has bought with the windfall. The situation is seen first from the collector's point of view: he thinks the chloroform pad no more vicios than his butterfly net, and patiently waits for the barriers of class and taste that inhibit their love to break down the limbo of their isolation. She, the creator, desperate for her freedom, tries to understand him but cannot banish her contempt for everything anti-life that he stands for'
And on a lighter note here is my deer collection, Christmas decoration deer is the latest addiction, a freindly charity shop helper gave it to me for free.


Hope you're all a having a lovely weekend, I'm off to kidnap mary and keep her in my craft room xx

1 comment:

  1. How funny....I have the same Christmas deer as well from my childhood! I LOVE your deer collection. I seem to be a bit obsessed with all things deer at the moment! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments : )