How's your Christmas been? I'm still off work and really enjoying the break aside from the usual sniffles and sore throat I get every Christmas, it's been a week of seeing family, enjoying time with friends, munching our way through a pile of chocolate and watching The Sopranos, our latest box set addiction. Bliss!
Unfortunately someone who's not been having a good Christmas is our little chicken Ethel, we're taking her to see Mike the chicken specialist vet tomorrow, so fingers crossed he'll know how to fix her. She's not eating and has been sleeping and barely moving all day :( I'm hoping she'll pull through, poor girl.
Before Christmas I signed up for Lakota's Christmas Swap, I was paired with the lovely Alison who lives in Franch and writes two blogs Fat Dormouse getting thinner and View from the teapot. The swap rules were.......
- As usual, you should send your swap partner a minimum of three items, a maximum of five.
- There is a maximum spend of £12 or the equivalent in your local currency.
- At least one item - though more if you can - should be second hand, and sourced from a charity shop, car boot sale, jumble, estate sale, eBay or similar.
- At least one item should be handmade. If you are not crafty yourself, it's fine to provide a handmade item that someone else has toiled over instead.
- And this time, one item MUST relate to a Christmas carol or song. How you interpret this is up to you!
|My parcel arrived and waited under the tree until the big day|
|Thank you Alison! A beautiful Christmas card and a letter explaining all the gifts|
|Two cherubs which I've already from a home for, and two tiny salt spoons|
|A set of handmade Christmas themed coasters and a sparkly book mark, I don't use a kindle so it's perfect! Alison also sent me a vintage postcard of the village where she lives, I've stuck it up on the wall in my craft room.|
|And the lyrics from the carol that inspired the gift, The Star Carol by John Rutter|
Linking up with Lakota over at Faith Hope and Charity Shopping to see what everyone else recieved from their swap partners
Happy New Year to you all! Here's to health, happiness and lots of blogging in 2013 xxxx