NO saturday paper, NO coffee shop treats, NO charity shop mooching (well....strictly you can mooch but only looking no buying), NO weekend takeout! Easy? The buy nothing challenge is nothing new to me, it's a daily challenge I set myself (mostly because I have no money to spend in the first place) but I usually fail miserably! But when I do have a day of no spending it actually feels great, who'd a thunk it?? NO SPENDING= HAPPINESS
|.............and this little piggy got none|
My 10 tips for spending less (remember sometimes you have to spectulate to accumulate)
1. STAY AWAY FROM THE SHOPS!
2. Be mindful, think before you spend "Do I really need these cat earmuffs?"
3. Ditch the gym and take up running, it's fun and free!
4. Bring a packed lunch to work.
5. Buy a reusable coffee mugs and make your own.
6. Read blogs instead of mags.
7. De-clutter, less=more
8. Grow your own salad and veg.
9. Clothes swap with friends and family.
10. Make presents, if your not artistic why not bake something?